Well folks, I’m back in my kitchen and today’s dish on the menu is a crowd-pleaser that’ll have everyone coming back for seconds! We’re whipping up mouth-watering Beef and Ricotta Cannelloni, and I’m dribbling just thinking about it. Now, before you start picturing all that time and sweat over a hot stove, let me hit you with the best part – it’s quick and simple to put together, no strings attached!
First things first, we’ve got to talk ingredients. You’ll need the simplest pantry staples – we’re talking lasagna sheets, ground beef, creamy ricotta, tangy tomato sauce, and a cozy blanket of grated cheese. Now, doesn’t that just sound like music to your foodie ears?
Alright, let’s roll up those sleeves and dip our toes into the fun part, the prep! Fry up that beef until it’s singing brown and toasty tunes under your spatula. A dash of salt here, a pinch of pepper there, and bam, you’ve got flavor town right in your frying pan!
Next thing on the agenda, we’re gonna scoop out some of that creamy ricotta and spoon it straight onto the lasagna sheets. You’ll be surprised at how easily those bad boys roll up, looking like stuffed little parcels of deliciousness.
Right, onto the grand finale. Line ’em up in your baking tray, pour that zingy tomato sauce over the top, and sprinkle a generous amount of cheese. We’re talking about a cheese party here, folks! Pop it in the oven and voila! Feast your eyes on that bubbling, golden tray of tasty.
This Beef and Ricotta Cannelloni is a dish that would make even Grandma envious, but hey, our secret ingredient was always the love and laughter we put into our cooking, wasn’t it?!
And that’s a wrap, folks, a sumptuous dinner served in a jiffy. Trust me, this dish is a one-way ticket to belly-happy heaven. Bon Appétit!
Let’s Make It!
- Gather your ingredients: 8-10 lasagna sheets, 500gr ground beef, 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1 jar tomato sauce, 2 cups grated cheese, salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C (approximately 375°F).
- Saute the ground beef in a pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Meanwhile, boil lasagna sheets according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and leave to cool.
- Lay out each lasagna sheet flat, spoon on a layer of ricotta cheese.
- Add a layer of cooked ground beef over the cheese.
- Gently roll each lasagna sheet into a tube shape, careful not to let the filling spill out.
- Pour a thin layer of tomato sauce at the bottom of a baking dish to prevent the cannelloni from sticking.
- Place each cannelloni in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce evenly over the cannelloni.
- Sprinkle generously with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese on top is golden and bubbling.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your quick and delicious Beef and Ricotta Cannelloni!
That Was Quick!