Whoa Nelly, let’s pump the brakes and talk about a culinary marvel that’s taken the world by storm – Avocado Toast! A delectable piece of heaven that you can whip up faster than a New York minute! Dear friends, time’s a-wasting, so let’s get cracking.
First off, when it comes to avocado toast, the world is your oyster. Your canvas is a nicely toasted slice of bread, with good old-fashioned ripe avocado playing the role of Picasso. A match made in heaven, if I do say so myself. The best part? Just like a Jackson Pollock painting, there’s no wrong way to do it.
But I digress, back to our avocado toast. I generally go with a sturdy sourdough or a crusty whole grain bread; they hold their own against our main star – the avocado. And speaking of the star of the show, make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe. This means they’re soft but not overly mushy, you know the old Goldilocks principle – just right!
For those of you who fancy a bit of a kick, grab your hot sauce or a pinch of red chili flakes, and let it rain! A little sprinkle of sea salt and lemon juice, and Bob’s your uncle! You’ve got yourself a gourmet breakfast.
Time to assemble! Smear the avocado onto your toast like there’s no tomorrow, add your seasonings, and voila! You’re not just eating, darlings – you’re dining!
Relish this green delight, wonderful people. Do share your twists and twirls on this recipe. Keep it sassy in the kitchen, and remember, don’t stress. It’s just toast but with a twist. Happy cooking!
Let’s Make It!
- Start with choosing your bread. Sourdough or a nice whole grain work wonders.
- Pop the bread in the toaster and let it achieve a level of toastiness to your liking.
- Proceed to choose a ripe avocado. It should be soft yet hold firmness.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Take a fork and commence the mashing until you achieve a texture you’re happy with – rough and chunky or smooth and creamy.
- Squeeze in some fresh lemon or lime juice for an extra zing and give it a good mix.
- Grab your toasted bread and slather on the mashed avocado. Make sure every nook and cranny is filled.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and crack some fresh black pepper on top.
- Add a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of chili flakes if you’re into a kick.
- Finish off with a drizzle of good quality olive oil, if you like.
- If you feel fancy, a sprinkle of feta cheese or a sunny side up egg on top takes it to another level.
- Enjoy your Avocado Toast masterpiece!
That Was Quick!