Hey there, super chefs! It’s another splendid day here at Best Quick Meals. What’s the shortcut to a gourmet meal without slaving away in the kitchen for hours, you ask? The answer: Salmon Nicoise! This zesty feast is the answer to your culinary prayers. Now, grab your apron, roll up your sleeves, and let’s get cracking!
Honestly, the magic of this dish is in its simplicity laced with elegance. I mean, who’d have thought that a 30-minute prep could whip up a meal that’ll have your loved ones singing your praises? You’re gonna feel like the belle of the ball – no, the queen of the kitchen!
You start by giving your salmon fillets a good rub down with some olive oil, salt, and pepper – simple stuff, right? Now crank up the heat and toss them onto the grill. They’ll be perfect once you get a golden color with those impressive sear marks. While that salmon is doing its thing, you tackle a vibrant medley of onions, tomatoes, olives, and hard-boiled eggs. Already sounds too yummers to handle, doesn’t it?
Uhh-oh! A twist in the plot! Just when you thought it was all over, here’s where the star comes into play…A drizzle of that tangy Dijon mustard dressing, and, lo and behold! You’ve got your oh-so la-di-da, French-inspired, gourmet Salmon Nicoise. Can’t you almost taste the applause?
Now come on, there’s nothing to it but to do it! The secret is out: high-quality home-cooked meals don’t have to be strapped down by time. Becoming a whizz in the kitchen is simply a Salmon Nicoise away, folks. All aboard the express train to taste-town!
Let’s Make It!
- Gather your ingredients: 4 skin-on salmon fillets, 1 lb. small new potatoes, 4 large eggs, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 8 cups mixed salad greens, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, ½ cup Kalamata olives, 1 medium red onion thinly sliced, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Start by boiling the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender, this should take about 15 minutes. Once done, drain and let them cool.
- While your potatoes are boiling, bring another pot of water to a boil. Add your eggs and cook for about 9 minutes for a slightly soft center. Immediately plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Once they’re cool, peel and cut into quarters.
- Next, drizzle your salmon fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and grill the salmon skin side down for about 4-5 minutes on each side. The skin should be crispy and the Salmon cooked through.
- Now for the assembly, lay out your mixed greens on a large platter. Scatter the cooled potatoes, quartered eggs, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and red onions over the top.
- Place the grilled salmon fillets on top and drizzle everything with your desired amount of Dijon mustard dressing. To make this, simply whisk together Dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- And there you have it, a delectable Salmon Nicoise ready to be enjoyed!
That Was Quick!